Below is my conversation, pretty much verbatim, with
a telemarketer who called me today.
I've been getting lots of calls from telemarketers recently, because I had to get a business license last summer in order to teach children's improv classes. Well, I never ended up teaching those classes (long story), but I did manage to become every telemarketers favorite business owner. I usually miss these calls, because I'm at work, but I have today off. So I took advantage of being able to pick up my phone.
Fyi, T is telemarketer, who had a Southern accent, just in case you were wondering. And M is me. You should know I was speaking like a crazy person on
happy-crack-pills. Enjoy!
T: I’m looking to talk to the owner. Is this the owner?
M: Oooh! Owner of what? I own lots of things!
T: Oh, the owner of Inland Improvement.
M: Hmmm, I don’t own Inland Improvement. But I do own Inland Improv! Do you still want to talk
to me?
T: Oh. I’m sorry about that.
Um, I’m Robin and I’m calling from 1 to 1 web solutions.
M: Ooooh! 1 to 1 web solutions!! What’s that?!
T: Well, we’re the largest web hosting service in---
M: SHUT UP!! THE
LARGEST?!! That’s amazing! How did
you do that? The largest! In the
world?
T: Umm, yes. Well, we offer web hosting for businesses like
yours---
M: OH!! Web hosting?!
T: Yes, we create websites for businesses like yours.
M: OH! I want 70 websites!!
T: Uh . . . you want 70 websites?
M: YES! 70 websites! NO! WAIT! 700!!! I want 700 websites!!!
T: Um, well, ok, I’m sure that could be arranged.
M: Oh yay!
T: Well, ma’am, if you could go to join.me
M: I didn’t understand a word you just said. OH! Are you
speaking Chinese?!
T: Um, no ma’am I am not speaking Chinese.
M: Oh, you’re not? I thought you were bilingual. Are you
bilingual Robin?!!
T: No, I am not bilingual.
M: Oh, you’re not. So, then what did you say??? Tell me what
you said! Hehe!
T: Um, well, if you could open your browser—
M: It’s open! It’s open! It’s already open!!! :-D
T: Uh, yes, well, please go to join.me
M: Ooooh, JOIN DOT ME! Fancy! Is that j-o-i-n-dot-m-e??
T: Uuuh, yes.
M: OOOOH!!! I’m on the website and OH! It looks like I’m on a
FAST TRAIN!!!! AM I ON A FAST TRAIN ROBIN???!!?!?
T: No, ma’am you’re not. You’re not on a fast train.
M: OH!! I’M NOT?!?!?!?!?
Robin the telemarketer hangs up on me.
Who says sales calls can't be fun?
No comments:
Post a Comment