Today I saw an orange in a fountain
Raining
Walking
Slowly
Round a park
Sorrowful sky
A blue-green fountain
Water bubbling in its basin,
Spilling over into the pool below
I see it
Bobbing
Bright and happy
In the bubbling water
So content to be so out of place
Watching me wonder at it
Beckoning
Just out of reach
Hesitation
Get soaked?
You'll dry
Get laughed at?
No one's here
Get yelled at?
No one's here
Worth it?
Yes
Circle the fountain
Yearning
To reach out
To pluck
From the whirling water
Yearning
To not regret
Yearning
Hesitation
A battle inside
Walk away
Give up
Suddenly
A burning
Do it!
Don't regret!
Get it!
Now or never!
Do it!
What have you got to lose?
Get it!
Why not?
Do it!
Do it!
DO IT!
Suddenly
At the fountain's edge
Knee on the wet, rough surface
Umbrella out
Scoop
Reach out
Grasp
Soft, dimpled, fragrant
Alive
Toss into the air
Vibrant against the sad sky
Catch in my hand
Slip into an oversized pocket
Walk
Slowly
Round the park
Silent
Truimphant
Orange in my pocket
No regret
Can never say
I didn't dare
Dare to reach
3 comments:
if only everyone were as daring as you
I love when you write poetry. Do more, it's like yoga for the soul.
...orange you glad I read your poem?
I sure am.
Post a Comment